Dear food lovers,
Today, I’m thrilled to present to you my vegan chocolate chip bars recipe. These cookie bars are rich in flavor, chewy, and have the perfect amount of sweetness that will genuinely make your taste buds dance with joy.
As a vegan chef, I understand how challenging it can be to find dessert options that are egg-free, dairy-free, and gluten-free without sacrificing flavor or texture. But don’t worry; these chocolate chip bars won’t disappoint!
Whether you’re sharing them at a party or enjoying them as a snack, these chocolate chip cookie bars will definitely enable you to satisfy your sweet tooth in a healthy way. Plus, they’re incredibly easy to make with simple ingredients that you can easily find in your kitchen.
So why not try these delicious vegan chocolate chip bars today? I promise you and everyone who tries them will love them!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
Listen up, my fellow dessert lovers! This vegan chocolate chip bars recipe is one you won’t be able to ignore. Why? Well, where do I start? First off, these bars are so deliciously addictive, you won’t be able to eat just one. The combination of semisweet vegan chocolate chips, vanilla extract, and soymilk give these bars the perfect balance of sweetness and richness. Trust me; your tastebuds will thank you.
But it’s not just the flavor that will make you fall in love with this recipe—the ingredient list is pretty impressive too. With gluten-free and vegan options available, anyone can enjoy these yummy treats without sacrificing their dietary restrictions. Plus, the recipe only requires a handful of pantry staples like flour, sugar, and baking soda that you probably already have on hand.
And let’s not forget about the ease of making these bars. You don’t need any fancy equipment or skills to whip up a batch of these tasty treats. Simply mix everything together, throw them in the oven, and voila! You’ll have a plate full of deliciousness in no time.
So whether you’re a seasoned vegan or someone looking for a healthier dessert option, this vegan chocolate chip bars recipe has got your back. Trust me; your taste buds and your body will thank you for giving it a try.
Let’s talk ingredients! The following list of vegan and gluten-free-friendly ingredients will come together to make the perfect Chocolate Chip Bars. Check your pantry and grocery list before starting.
- Flour: 2 cups of all-purpose flour (or gluten-free flour)
- Baking soda: 1 tsp
- Baking powder: 2 tsp
- Salt: 1/2 tsp
- Vegan butter: 1 cup, softened (you can use coconut oil instead)
- Light brown sugar: 3/4 cup
- Dark brown sugar: 1/4 cup
- Granulated sugar: 1/2 cup
- Soymilk: 1/3 cup (or any plant-based milk)
- Vanilla extract: 1 tsp
Vegan Chocolate Chips
- Semisweet vegan chocolate chips: 1 and 1/4 cups
For those with dietary restrictions or preferences, here are some modification tips:
- For a healthier option, substitute peanut butter or seed butter for some of the butter.
- Instead of chocolate chips, try adding dried fruits, nuts, or seeds to the dough.
- For extra flavor, add other extracts like almond, maple or orange.
- Maple syrup is a great alternative to white granulated sugar.
The Recipe How-To
Let’s dive right into the recipe! Here are the step-by-step instructions for making these delicious vegan chocolate chip bars.
- ½ cup of vegan butter, softened
- ¾ cup of brown sugar
- ¼ cup of granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon of soymilk
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 1 cup of semisweet vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line an 8×8 inch square baking dish with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the softened vegan butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar until smooth and creamy.
- Next, add in the soymilk and vanilla extract, mixing until well combined.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together the all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Gradually mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until a crumbly dough forms.
- Fold in the semisweet vegan chocolate chips until evenly distributed throughout the dough mixture.
- Firmly press the dough into the prepared baking dish and bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown on top.
- Remove from oven and let cool in the pan for at least 10 minutes before slicing into bars.
These vegan chocolate chip bars are perfect for satisfying any sweet tooth craving while still staying within your dietary restrictions. Don’t forget to enjoy them with a cold glass of soymilk or alongside a warm mug of coffee.
Substitutions and Variations
Welcome to the exciting part of the recipe where I present you with several substitutions and variations for this vegan chocolate chip bars recipe. Whether you’re looking to intensify or diversify your flavor palette, or maybe you just want to switch things up a bit, here are some options to try:
– Flour Substitution: For this recipe, I used all-purpose flour. However, if you’re looking for a gluten-free option, you can use gluten-free flour instead. Just remember that gluten-free flour tends to absorb more liquid than regular flour, so you may need to adjust the amount of soymilk accordingly.
– Chocolate Chips: While I used semisweet vegan chocolate chips in this recipe, you can certainly experiment with different types of chocolate chips such as milk chocolate, oatmeal chocolate, nut seed, banana chocolate, or pumpkin chocolate. The possibilities are endless!
– Butter Substitution: I used vegan butter for this recipe but feel free to use coconut oil instead. You’ll get a slightly different flavor and texture but it will still be delicious.
– Peanut Butter Swirl: If you’re a peanut butter fan, you can swirl some peanut butter on top of the cookie dough before baking. Simply melt the peanut butter in a microwave-safe bowl for about 30 seconds and drizzle it over the cookie dough before baking.
– Granola Bars: You can also turn this recipe into granola bars by forming the dough into bars rather than cookies. To do this, press the dough into a rectangular baking dish and chill for an hour before cutting into bars.
Remember that experimenting is key when it comes to cooking and baking. Don’t be afraid to try different combinations until you find your perfect match.
Serving and Pairing
Now that you’ve baked these scrumptious Vegan Chocolate Chip Bars, it’s time to serve and pair them with your favorite beverages. These vegan cookie bars pair well with a hot cup of coffee or tea, making for a delicious morning or afternoon snack. Try adding a splash of soymilk in your coffee or tea to complement the semi-sweet vegan chocolate chips in the bars – it’s a match made in heaven!
If you’re looking for an indulgent dessert option, serve these cookie bars warm and topped with a scoop of vegan vanilla ice cream. The combination of the warm cookie bar and creamy cold ice cream is simply irresistible.
For a quick and easy breakfast on-the-go, grab one of these vegan cookie bars and pair them with your favorite smoothie or juice. Not only will it provide you with a nutritious breakfast, but also with an extra kick to start your day on the right track.
These bars can also be prepared in advance for parties or gatherings. Cut into bite-sized pieces for easy serving and arrange them on a platter alongside other small bites like granola bars, fruit skewers, or nuts. Trust me, they will disappear quickly – no one can resist a good chocolate chip cookie bar!
Make-Ahead, Storing and Reheating
Let’s talk about make-ahead, storing and reheating these vegan chocolate chip bars. I know how convenient it is to prepare our hearty treats in advance, so you can grab them and go whenever you need a quick energy boost in between meals. Thankfully, these cookie bars are excellent for prepping in advance.
To make ahead: You can prepare the cookie dough and keep it refrigerated for up to 3 days before baking it. If you want to go more than 3 days, place the already made dough inside an airtight container in the freezer for up to a month. Take out the desired amount of the frozen dough and thaw it overnight in your fridge until it becomes soft enough to handle.
To store: Once baked, store the cookie bars in an airtight container at room temperature or in the fridge for up to one week. The semi-sweet vegan chocolate chips still taste great even after a few days, and will sometimes even enhance their natural flavors as they sit.
To reheat: When reheating these cookie bars, preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and wrap the bars in some foil. Once heated, remove the foil quickly so as not to overcook them. You could also microwave them on high for 15 seconds if you’re short of time. Bam! Back to its fresh-out-of-oven status.
Pro tip: When reheating previously stored vegan chocolate chip bars that have been sitting at room temperature or inside a fridge, sometimes they tend to dry out. Don’t worry about this – just warm them up with a little bit of coconut oil, butter or peanut butter and enjoy! This helps tenderize them so they’re moist again when serving.
With these storage tips and tricks on deck, your delicious vegan chocolate chip bars will continue delighting your taste buds with each bite, long after they are baked.
Tips for Perfect Results
When it comes to baking, even the slightest tweak can make a big difference in the final outcome. Therefore, here are some helpful tips to ensure that your vegan chocolate chip bars come out perfect every time.
Firstly, make sure you measure your ingredients carefully, especially your flour. Too much flour can result in dry and crumbly bars, while too little can cause them to be too soft and gooey. Use a kitchen scale to measure accurate amounts of ingredients or fluff up your flour before measuring it.
Secondly, don’t overmix the batter! Overmixing can result in tough and dense bars, which are not ideal. Mix until all dry components are evenly distributed throughout the batter.
Moreover, it’s recommended to use high-quality ingredients for the best results. Make sure to use fresh and unexpired baking soda and baking powder for optimal leavening. Also, if possible, opt for organic and fair trade ingredients as they give a better taste with rich flavors.
Another essential tip to remember is to only use room temperature vegan butter when preparing the recipe. Softened vegan butter at room temperature ensures that it creams well with the sugar and provides adequate moisture to the bars.
Additionally, do not forget that every oven is different. So keep a close eye on your bars while baking, and don’t be afraid to adjust baking time or temperature according to your oven’s behavior.
Lastly, I suggest letting the bars cool down completely before cutting because they may crumble if you cut them while they’re still warm. Therefore, once baked, let them rest for around 20 minutes at room temperature before slicing into them.
By following these tips above, this vegan chocolate chip bars recipe will undoubtedly become one of your favorites recipes to bake at home. Happy Baking!
In conclusion, this vegan chocolate chip bar recipe is an absolute must-try for anyone looking for a sweet and guilt-free indulgence. With its delicious combination of rich semisweet vegan chocolate chips and wholesome ingredients including soymilk, sugar, salt, baking soda, and flour; these vegan cookie bars are sure to please even the toughest critics.
Whether you’re a seasoned vegan pro or simply looking to incorporate more plant-based treats into your diet, these vegan chocolate chip bars will not disappoint. With their easy-to-follow recipe instructions and simple ingredient substitutions, this recipe can easily be adapted to meet all of your dietary needs.
So why not treat yourself to a batch of these scrumptious cookies today? Not only are they delicious and easy to make, but they’re also healthy and vegan-friendly. So grab your apron and let’s get baking!
Vegan Chocolate Chip Bars Recipe
- 3 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup soymilk
- 1 1/2 cups semisweet vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- In a large bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar.
- Add the oil, vanilla, milk and chocolate chips and mix together gently.
- Pour mixture into a lightly oiled 9x13 inch pan and bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Test with a toothpick for doneness.
- Let cool 10 minutes before cutting into bars.
Add Your Own Notes
Recommended Recipes Just For You
Jolo is a talented chef and food blogger with a passion for vegan and Caribbean flavors. From savory vegetarian dishes to tropical smoothies, Jolo’s Kitchen has something for everyone. Whether you’re looking for meat-free meals or creative Caribbean recipes, Jolo’s Kitchen is the perfect place for you.