Hark! Allow me to entice thee with a recipe of great temptation and delight – Vegan Old-Fashioned Soft Pumpkin Cookies! As a chef with a penchant for creating tasty vegan delicacies, I have crafted this recipe to satisfy your cravings for sweet treats with an irresistible autumnal twist. Imagine enjoying a warm, soft pumpkin cookie that has just the right balance of cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg flavors – it’s a perfect union of crisp fall days and cozy indoor snuggles. These cookies are easy to make and suitable for any lover of sweets, be it vegans or non-vegans alike. Join me in this delightful culinary adventure to unveil the secrets of this delectable vegan pumpkin cookie recipe!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
Good people of the world, hear me out! I come bearing a recipe that will transport you to heaven with its marvelous taste and aroma. Yes, my dear friends, the Vegan Old-Fashioned Soft Pumpkin Cookies Recipe is something you simply can’t resist!
I promise you this – there’s no better pleasure than biting on a warm and soft vegan pumpkin cookie that melts in your mouth instantly. The lovely combination of ground cloves, ginger, nutmeg, and cinnamon will leave your taste buds craving for more. And the vanilla extract added to the mix takes the taste to another level altogether!
Not only is the recipe full of flavors that will make you dance with joy, but it also offers several health benefits. The use of Libby’s canned pumpkin puree instead of eggs or dairy products adds to the recipe’s healthy factor. Moreover, the cookies are baked using whole wheat flour for fiber and other nutrients.
Don’t be fooled by some who say that vegan food lacks taste or texture. This recipe is proof that one can enjoy healthy food without having to compromise on flavor or texture. Trust me; you will be hooked after just one bite!
In conclusion, this Vegan Old-Fashioned Soft Pumpkin Cookies Recipe is the perfect treat for everyone who loves an old-fashioned soft cookie with a fall twist. Besides being amazingly delicious, these cookies are packed with essential nutrients that your body needs. Join me in indulging in this scrumptious recipe, and I guarantee you’ll love it as much as I do!
- 2 cups of whole wheat flour
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1 cup of vegan margarine, softened
- 3/4 cup of granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 1 can (15 oz) Libby’s canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 tablespoon of plain fat-free yogurt (or applesauce for a vegan option)
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
These ingredients make up the base for our vegan old-fashioned soft pumpkin cookies recipe. You may have already noticed that these cookies are made from scratch and use wholesome ingredients like whole wheat flour and natural sweeteners such as brown sugar. Not only are they delicious, but they also provide a healthier alternative to traditional oatmeal cookies. Let’s get started with the recipe!
The Recipe How-To
Now that we’ve covered the ingredients, it’s time to get into the nitty-gritty of making the vegan old-fashioned soft pumpkin cookies. Follow along with these steps and get ready to enjoy some mouthwatering cookies!
Step 1: Preheat your oven
Before diving into any recipe, it’s important to make sure your oven is pre-heated to the right temperature. In this case, preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
Step 2: Mix the dry ingredients
Take a medium-sized bowl and combine all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, ground cinnamon, ground nutmeg, ground cloves, and salt. Whisk together these ingredients to ensure they are evenly combined.
Step 3: Cream the wet ingredients
In a large bowl, cream together the vegan margarine (or coconut oil), brown sugar and granulated sugar until light and fluffy. Add in the canned pumpkin, plain fat-free yogurt, and vanilla extract until well combined.
Step 4: Combine all ingredients
Slowly pour in the dry mixture into the wet mixture until everything is well incorporated. Make sure not to overmix.
Step 5: Form cookie dough balls
Take a spoonful of dough and roll it into a ball roughly two inches in size. Place the balls on an ungreased baking sheet about two inches apart from one another.
Step 6: Bake those cookies
Slide those cookies into your preheated oven and bake for about 15 minutes, or until they’re lightly golden on top.
Step 7: Cool and enjoy
Once done, let cool for a few minutes before transferring them onto a wire rack. Serve once cool enough to handle.
Enjoy these vegan old-fashioned soft pumpkin cookies at any time of day for a fall-inspired treat!
Substitutions and Variations
Oh, my dear, here comes the fun part! The recipe is so versatile that you can easily adapt and tweak it to your taste or dietary needs.
1. Gluten-Free: Replace the all-purpose flour with a gluten-free flour blend or use oat flour for a gluten-free option.
2. Reduced fat version: Instead of using 1/2 cup vegan margarine and 1/2 cup of applesauce, try reducing half of the margarine and using vegan yogurt or pureed pumpkin to reduce fat intake.
3. Sugar Substitutes: You can swap brown sugar with coconut sugar, organic cane sugar or pumpkin sugar, and granulated sugar with maple syrup or honey.
4. Spice Up! Vary your spices according to your preferences by adding more ground cloves, ginger, nutmeg or cinnamon.
5. Oil Changes: You can switch up vegan margarine with coconut oil for a healthier option.
6. Pumpkin Puree: If you don’t have access to Libby’s canned pumpkin puree, roast a small pumpkin in the oven until soft and puree it in a blender or food processor for your own homemade pumpkin puree.
7. Chocolate Chip Addition: For a sweeter twist, throw in some vegan chocolate chips into the mix before baking your cookies for added texture and flavor.
Be bold and get creative with these variations to make this recipe even more personalized for you!
Serving and Pairing
Gather round, good people! For these vegan old-fashioned soft pumpkin cookies are a treat worth indulging in. They’re so soft and chewy that they melt in your mouth like an autumn dream. But how shall we serve them, you ask? Worry not, for I have just the pairing suggestions to elevate your cookie experience.
Firstly, let’s talk about beverages. There’s nothing like a warm cup of tea or coffee to go with these spiced pumpkin beauties. The subtle warmth of the pumpkin spice mingling with the misty aroma of black tea or the robust flavor of coffee is a match made in heaven. You might also consider a cold glass of almond milk or oat milk, which offers a creamy smoothness to balance the aromatic spices.
In terms of serving, these cookies are versatile enough to fit any occasion. For a cozy night in with family, serve them freshly baked with a dusting of powdered sugar and cinnamon on top. Or perhaps you’re hosting an autumnal gathering with friends – why not try sandwiching two cookies together with some vegan cream cheese frosting or pumpkin puree for an extra treat?
Feeling extra fancy? Turn these humble cookies into a stunning dessert by crafting elegant Cookie Towers. Stack them neatly and drizzle them with rich maple glaze, caramel sauce or chocolate ganache for a decadent touch.
Remember, whatever your preference or occasion may be, these vegan old-fashioned soft pumpkin cookies will never fail to impress. Indulge in their spiced and chewy goodness, and enjoy every bite.
Make-Ahead, Storing and Reheating
Hark! A warm, fresh batch of vegan old-fashioned soft pumpkin cookies has emerged from thine oven! But perchance thou hast overindulged in thy cookie consumption, so now thou art left with a plethora of pumpkin treats. Fret not, my friend, for I shall guide thee on the optimal methods of make-ahead, storing and reheating of these scrumptious delights.
To make ahead, prepare the cookie dough as per the recipe instructions, then tightly wrap it in plastic wrap and store it in thine fridge for up to 48 hours. When ready to bake, simply remove the dough from the fridge and let it sit at room temperature for 30 minutes before proceeding with baking.
If thou dost have leftover baked cookies or thou art preparing for a future event, these cookies can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days. To retain their soft and chewy texture, add a slice of bread to the container to absorb any excess moisture.
For reheating, preheat thine oven to 350°F (180°C) and place the cookies on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 3-5 minutes until heated through. Alternatively, reheat individual cookies in thine microwave for 10-20 seconds.
But wait, there’s more! If thou wishest to elevate thy cookie experience, try making a maple glaze by combining 1 cup of organic powdered sugar with 1-2 tablespoons of Libby’s canned pumpkin puree and maple extract to thy desired sweetness. Drizzle this glaze over thine freshly reheated cookies for an extra burst of flavor.
With these make-ahead, storing and reheating tips, thou shalt never fear having too many vegan old-fashioned soft pumpkin cookies again!
Tips for Perfect Results
When making these vegan old-fashioned soft pumpkin cookies, there are some tips and tricks that can help you achieve the perfect result. Here are a few suggestions to make sure your cookies turn out as moist and delicious every time:
1. Measure ingredients accurately: Be sure to measure each ingredient precisely to avoid creating a lumpy, crumbly texture.
2. Use room temperature ingredients: Set refrigerated ingredients like vegan margarine and plain fat-free yogurt out on the counter for 30 minutes before mixing. This ensures they mix together easily and evenly.
3. Don’t over mix the dough: Over-mixing can result in tough and dry cookies. Mix until just combined, then stop – this yields a soft and tender bite.
4. Chill the dough before baking: Chilling the dough before baking is essential for old-fashioned pumpkin cookies since it results in a chewier cookie that retains its shape during the baking process.
5. Preheat your oven properly: It’s important to allow enough time for your oven to warm up thoroughly so that the cookies bake evenly.
6. Bake with love & patience: With these six tips, you’ll produce soft baked goods just like Grandma made, so relax, bake with patience, and enjoy these delicious autumn flavors!
In conclusion, these vegan old-fashioned soft pumpkin cookies are a delicious treat that you don’t want to miss out on. With their perfectly balanced blend of seasonal spices, fluffy texture, and comforting aroma, they are the perfect fall dessert. It’s amazing what can be achieved with just a few simple ingredients!
So no matter if you’re an experienced baker or just starting out, I urge you to give this recipe a try. You won’t be disappointed! Don’t just take my word for it though, share this recipe with your family and friends and let them experience the joys of these vegan pumpkin cookies.
Lastly, always remember that cooking is an art and every ingredient counts. So use high-quality ingredients like Libby’s canned pumpkin, vegan margarine, and all-purpose flour for perfect results. And don’t forget to have fun with it and make it your own by adding different toppings or variations.
Thank you for choosing this recipe and happy baking!
Vegan Old-Fashioned Soft Pumpkin Cookies Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 1/2 cup applesauce, unsweetened or 1/2 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 2 cups Libby's canned pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ***Decided not to share recipe***.
- PREHEAT oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease baking sheets.
- COMBINE flours, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, clove and salt in medium bowl.
- Beat sugar and vegan margarine or butter in large mixer bowl until well blended.
- Beat in pumpkin, applesauce and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Gradually beat in flour mixture.
- Drop by rounded tablespoon onto prepared baking sheets.
- BAKE for 15 to 18 minutes or until edges are firm.
- Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes;.
- remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- Drizzle glaze over cookies.
- FOR GLAZE: COMBINE 2 cups sifted powdered sugar, 3 tablespoons soymilk, 1 tablespoon melted vegan butter or margarine and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract in small bowl until smooth.
Add Your Own Notes
Recommended Recipes Just For You
Jolo is a talented chef and food blogger with a passion for vegan and Caribbean flavors. From savory vegetarian dishes to tropical smoothies, Jolo’s Kitchen has something for everyone. Whether you’re looking for meat-free meals or creative Caribbean recipes, Jolo’s Kitchen is the perfect place for you.