Greetings, food enthusiasts! Are you ready for a mouthwatering treat that’s both delicious and vegan-friendly? Look no further. I’m excited to share with you an exceptional pecan pie recipe straight from the ingenious mind of Bryanna Clark Grogan.
As we all know, pecan pie is a classic dessert in America that everyone loves. However, if you follow a vegan diet or have allergies to dairy and eggs, you may feel like you’re missing out on this sweet sensation. But don’t worry; Bryanna’s vegan pecan pie recipe has got you covered!
This particular recipe food combs the ingredients to create a filling that’s thick and gooey with toasted unsalted pecan halves filling it up. It uses corn syrup or maple syrup instead of the traditional condensed milk to get that right consistency for the filling.
Not only is this recipe much easier than most of the traditional versions out there, but it’s also dairy-free and packed with flavor. This delicately sweet yet rich dessert will undoubtedly satisfy your taste buds without compromising your eating habits.
If you’re looking for a simple yet delightful dessert recipe that will amaze everyone at your next vegan feast, then look no further; this fantastic Bryanna vegan pecan pie recipe is for you!
So what are you waiting for? Let’s get started!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
Are you tired of the same old dessert recipes and looking for something new and exciting? Look no further than Bryanna Clark Grogan’s Vegan Pecan Pie recipe. There are countless reasons why you’ll fall in love with this pie, starting with its deliciously nutty and caramelized flavor that will surely satisfy your sweet tooth.
But what sets this recipe apart from other pecan pies is that it’s completely vegan! This means that the recipe uses no animal products like eggs or butter, making it a perfect dairy-free option for those with dietary restrictions or who are simply looking to eat more plant-based. Plus, it allows you to indulge in mouth-watering sweetness without any guilt.
Another reason you’ll love this pecan pie is its versatility. Whether you’re serving a crowd, having date night or just indulging solo, the pie can be easily adapted to any occasion. You can serve it with a dollop of whipped cream or a scoop of vegan ice cream for extra sweetness, or even pair it with some warm coffee or tea for a cozy treat on a chilly night.
Making the perfect pecan pie might seem intimidating, but Bryanna’s recipe is easy to follow and guaranteed to produce excellent results every time. The ingredient list features simple items that you probably already have in your pantry, including cornstarch, salt, brown sugar, cold water and toasted unsalted pecans halves — everything required to make thick gooey filling two ways.
With these benefits in mind, we can confidently say that Bryanna Clark Grogan’s Vegan Pecan Pie Recipe is not only delicious but also much easier to whip up than other classic pecan pies out there. So go ahead and indulge without any reservations – this vegan dessert is sure to win over hearts and tastebuds alike!
Before we dive into the recipe, let’s make sure we have all the ingredients for this delicious Vegan Pecan Pie. Here are the ingredients you will need:
For the Crust:
- 1 1/4 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cold vegan margarine
- 1/4 cup cold water
For the Filling:
- 2 cups toasted unsalted pecan halves
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup pure maple syrup or corn syrup
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons bourbon or rum (optional)
For the Glaze:
- 1 tablespoon vegan margarine
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 teaspoon Bourbon or rum (optional)
You can find all these ingredients in a regular grocery store. If you want to switch up the recipe with different variations, keep reading for more information on substitutions and additions.
The Recipe How-To
Now, let’s get baking! With all the ingredients out and measured, we’re ready to start making our vegan pecan pie.
Preheat the Oven
Preheat your oven to 350°F.
Prepare the Filling
In a large mixing bowl, whisk together 3/4 cup light unbleached corn syrup, 3/4 cup white beet sugar, 2 tablespoons cornstarch and 1/4 teaspoon salt until fully combined. Then, add in 2 cups of toasted unsalted pecan halves and stir to coat.
For the filling, you have two choices: you can use only 2 cups of pecan halves for a thick gooey filling or use up to 4 cups for a more chunky pie.
Pour the Filling
Next, pour the filling into an unbaked 9-inch pie crust. Spread it evenly, arranging the pecans as necessary.
Bake the Pie
Place the pie on the middle rack of your preheated oven and bake it for about 50-60 minutes, or until the center looks set and is evenly golden brown. To prevent over-browning, loosely cover the pie with aluminum foil after it has baked for 25 minutes or so.
Cool and Serve
Allow your vegan pecan pie to cool completely before slicing it. This should take about 2 hours- refrigerating it will make this process much easier.
Once chilled and ready to serve, feel free to dress up your vegan pecan pie by adding a dollop of whipped cream or serving it alongside other vegan desserts such as chocolate pecan or pumpkin pie.
Enjoy your delicious homemade vegan pecan pie made with Bryanna’s recipe!
Substitutions and Variations
When it comes to vegan pecan pie, there are plenty of substitutions and variations you can make to cater to your personal taste preferences or dietary restrictions. Below are some options that you can consider:
– Pie Crust: While the recipe calls for a traditional pie crust, you can definitely switch things up by using a graham cracker crust or even a gluten-free crust made from almond flour or coconut flour.
– Milk Alternatives: Instead of using water in the filling, you can use unsweetened coconut milk or another plant-based milk such as almond milk or cashew milk to give the filling an extra creamy texture.
– Sweeteners: The recipe calls for white beet sugar, but you could also use maple syrup or agave nectar instead. If you prefer a less sweet pie, try reducing the amount of sweetener by half.
– Thickener: Cornstarch is used in the filling to help thicken the mixture, but you could also use tapioca flour or arrowroot powder instead.
– Booze: The recipe recommends using either Bourbon or rum in the filling to add a warm depth of flavor, but you can omit this ingredient entirely if you prefer alcohol-free desserts.
– Chocolate Pecan Pie: Consider adding vegan dark chocolate chips to the filling mixture before baking for a decadent twist on the classic pecan pie.
– Pumpkin Pecan Pie: Add 1 cup of pumpkin puree to the filling mixture and increase cornstarch to 4 tablespoons for a festive holiday dessert mash-up.
Whether you choose to make one of these substitutions or variations, each option can completely transform the flavor and texture of your vegan pecan pie. So have fun experimenting with different combinations until you find your perfect flavor profile!
Serving and Pairing
Once you’ve created this decadent vegan pecan pie, it’s time to share it with friends and family. Serve with a dollop of whipped coconut cream or a scoop of dairy-free vanilla ice cream for a truly delightful experience. The creamy, nutty flavors of this pie pair well with a steaming hot cup of coffee or tea, perfect for an afternoon treat.
Looking to mix things up? Try pairing this pie with a rich chocolate pecan or pumpkin pie for an indulgent dessert spread. This vegan pecan pie recipe is versatile enough to complement a wide array of vegan desserts, making it a perfect addition to any vegan feast.
For an exceptional presentation, dust the top of the pie with cinnamon or icing sugar and garnish with a few toasted unsalted pecan halves before serving. The warm colors and aroma make it ideal for autumn gatherings and holiday celebrations.
With its rich flavors and crisp crust, it’s sure to be a crowd-pleaser. Just be sure to save room for seconds – this vegan pecan pie is truly irresistible!
Make-Ahead, Storing and Reheating
Making a vegan pecan pie from scratch requires time and effort, so it’s always great to know that you can make it ahead of time and still enjoy it fresh.
When stored properly, this dessert will keep for several days in the refrigerator or even longer in the freezer. Here are some tips to help you make-ahead, store and reheat your Bryanna’s Vegan Pecan Pie Recipe:
– Make-Ahead: After preparing the pie following Bryanna Clark Grogan’s recipe, let it cool completely on a wire rack before storing. Wrap the entire pie with aluminum foil or plastic wrap and place it in an airtight container. Store in the fridge for up to five days or freeze it for up to two months.
– Storing: Store the pie carefully because the filling is delicate and can shift during transportation. If you have leftovers, cover the edges loosely with foil (to prevent over-browning) and store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator without stacking anything on top of it. Another option is to cut slices of the pie and store them individually wrapped in plastic wrap.
– Reheating: To reheat an individual slice, unwrap it and place it on a microwave-safe plate. Heat on high heat for around 30 seconds, depending on your microwave’s power. Alternatively, bake the whole, frozen pie at 350°F (175°C) for about one hour, or until heated through.
Remember that if any liquid accumulates on top of the filling after reheating, don’t worry! It’s perfectly normal due to condensation. You can blot it off with a paper towel before serving.
With these make-ahead, storing, and reheating tips at your fingertips, you can confidently prepare Bryanna’s Vegan Pecan Pie Recipe any time you want to indulge yourself or entertain friends and family.
Tips for Perfect Results
Making a perfect pecan pie can be tricky, but with these tips, you can make it much easier. Here are a few things that can make a real difference in the outcome of Bryanna’s vegan pecan pie recipe:
1. Use cold water for the crust
When making the crust, use cold water instead of warm or room temperature water. Cold water helps to keep the vegan margarine firm and makes it easier to roll out the dough.
2. Toast your pecans
Toasting your unsalted pecan halves before adding them to the filling will give them a richer flavor and crunchier texture. Spread them on a baking sheet and toast them in a preheated oven at 350°F for about 10 minutes.
3. Choose your sweetener wisely
In this recipe, there are two choices of sweeteners: light unbleached cane sugar or white beet sugar. Light unbleached cane sugar will give you a deeper flavor, while white beet sugar will give you a lighter color.
4. Cornstarch is your friend
Using cornstarch helps to thicken the filling and prevent it from turning into a runny mess. Mix it with water and add it to the filling mixture before adding in the pecans.
5. Try adding Bourbon or rum
For an extra kick of flavor, try adding 1-2 tablespoons of Bourbon or rum to the filling mixture along with the vanilla extract.
6. Bake at the right temperature
Bake your pie at 375°F for 40-45 minutes until the crust is golden brown and the filling is thick and gooey.
By following these tips, you’ll be on your way to making a delicious vegan pecan pie that everyone will love!
As I have shared the recipe with all the necessary details, it is normal to have certain questions regarding the preparation & serving process of Bryanna’s Vegan Pecan Pie Recipe. That’s why I have addressed some of the commonly asked questions and concerns in this section to help you bake a perfect vegan pecan pie every time!
What is the jelly in pecan pie made of?
Pecan pie is a beloved dessert originating from the Southern region of the United States. It’s sweet, sticky filling typically consists of pecans, sugar, butter, and eggs. Additionally, it often contains corn syrup, molasses, or honey.
Do you use whole or half pecans in pecan pie?
While pecan halves might give a traditional aesthetic to a pecan pie, opting for chopped pecans can actually simplify the slicing process.
In conclusion, if you’re looking for a delicious vegan dessert that is sure to impress, Bryanna’s Vegan Pecan Pie Recipe is the perfect choice. With its rich, gooey filling and toasted unsalted pecan halves, this pie is a crowd-pleaser that won’t disappoint. And best of all, it’s so easy to make! With just a few simple ingredients and a little bit of time in the oven, you can create a decadent dessert that everyone will love.
So why not give this recipe a try? Not only is it dairy-free and completely vegan, but it’s also versatile enough to suit any occasion or taste preference. Plus, with Bryanna Clark Grogan’s expert tips and instructions, you can be sure that your pie will turn out perfectly every time.
So go ahead and indulge in a slice (or two) of this fabulous vegan pecan pie, and discover for yourself just how much flavor and satisfaction can be found in plant-based desserts. Trust me – your taste buds will thank you!
Bryanna’s Vegan Pecan Pie Recipe
- 1 -2 cup toasted unsalted pecan halves
- 3/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup white beet sugar or 3/4 cup light unbleached cane sugar, see note
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (packed) or 1/2 cup sucanat
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/4 cup cornstarch or 1/4 cup wheat starch
- 4 1/2 4 1/2 tablespoons rum or 4 1/2 tablespoons Bourbon
- 2 tablespoons vegan margarine
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- NOTE: Use the white beet sugar/cane sugar AND the brown sugar/sucanat. it is NOT an OR. Use both white sugar and brown sugar.
- If you wish to try the maple syrup version of this I suggest googling Bryanna Grogan and Pecan pie. Do not sub arrowroot or kuzu.
- Mix the cornstarch with the 4 1/2 T water.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F Bake your crust for 3 minutes. Remove to rack.
- Combine water and sugars. Boil for 5 minutes. Add salt and dissolved cornstarch and whisk rapidly.
- Stir and cook over high heat until just thickened and clear. Remove from heat and add margarine and vanilla. Stir until melted. It will be liquidish.
- Pour into shell. Place pecan halves on top and press down a little into the mix. Place in middle of oven at 350°F Bake 30 minutes. It will be jiggly. It should set as it cools. Cool for at least 1 1/2 hours on rack then refrigerate until completely cooled and set.
Add Your Own Notes
Recommended Recipes Just For You
Jolo is a talented chef and food blogger with a passion for vegan and Caribbean flavors. From savory vegetarian dishes to tropical smoothies, Jolo’s Kitchen has something for everyone. Whether you’re looking for meat-free meals or creative Caribbean recipes, Jolo’s Kitchen is the perfect place for you.