Delicious Vegan Spinach Wrap Recipe – Healthy and Flavorful
Welcome to my vegan spinach wrap recipe, where healthy and delicious come together in one tasty package! Whether you’re a vegan, vegetarian, or simply love fresh flavors, this recipe is perfect for you.
With just a few simple ingredients, you can create a flavorful and nutrient-packed lunch or snack that will leave you feeling satisfied and energized. These wraps are not only delicious but also very versatile, so you can easily tweak the recipe to suit your taste preferences.
If you’re looking for a new way to incorporate healthy veggies into your diet, then this is the perfect recipe for you. Not only does it feature an abundance of leafy greens like spinach and cabbage, but it’s also packed with other delicious veggies like juicy tomatoes and fresh basil.
Plus, our vegan cream cheese provides a rich and creamy filling that will give you all the satisfaction of traditional cream cheese while being completely plant-based. It’s also gluten-free and grain-free, making it perfect for those who are following specific dietary restrictions.
So why not try this vegan spinach wrap recipe today? You won’t be disappointed!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
Friends, let me tell you why you will absolutely love this Vegan Spinach Wrap Recipe.
First and foremost, it’s packed with flavor! Bursting with the green goodness of fresh spinach and the tangy richness of vegan cream cheese, this recipe has perfectly balanced flavors that will leave you feeling satisfied and energized.
What’s more, this recipe is incredibly versatile! Whether you’re looking for a quick lunch option, a delicious snack or a satisfying dinner choice, this Vegan Spinach Wrap can cater for all your needs. It can also serve as both an appetizer and main course.
With a variety of ingredients, such as juicy tomatoes, fragrant fresh basil leaves and an array of dried herbs such as oregano and dill, this recipe will satisfy even the pickiest eaters. Not only that, but it’s suitable for people with dietary restrictions as it is gluten-free and grain-free.
But wait, there is more! This Vegan Spinach Wrap is low carb present in our choice of ingredients from tofu to avocado chickpea hummus wrap. It is excellent for those who want to reduce their carbohydrate intake while keeping their energy levels up.
Lastly, but certainly not least important, it’s incredibly easy to make! You can have a tasty meal or snack in hardly any time at all – just assemble the ingredients on top of whole wheat tortillas or spinach tortillas vegan grain-free tortilla top the wrap with a hummus spread that goes perfectly with red cabbage spinach slaw added to give a crunch texture. Roll them up and take them on-the-go!
If all of these reasons don’t convince you why you’ll love this Vegan Spinach Wrap Recipe, then I don’t know what will. Give it a try today; your taste buds will thank you!
To make these delicious and nutritious spinach wraps, we will need the following ingredients:
- Whole wheat tortillas: We will use large tortillas to roll out the spinach wraps.
- Spinach: Spinach is the star of this recipe. We will use fresh baby spinach leaves as well as some chopped frozen spinach for added texture and flavor.
- Tomatoes: The juicy and tangy flavor of tomatoes complements the mild flavors of vegan cream cheese and spinach.
- Fresh basil: Basil adds a pop of freshness and aromatic flavor to these wraps.
- Dried dill: Dill has a unique flavor that pairs well with spinach and cream cheese. We’ll add just a pinch of it to the filling.
- Dried oregano: Oregano is a versatile herb with a robust flavor that goes well with spinach and tomatoes.
- Garlic powder: Garlic powder is a quick and easy way to infuse garlic flavor into the filling.
- Vegan cream cheese: Cream cheese adds richness and creaminess to the filling. We will use vegan cream cheese for this recipe.
- Vegetable oil: To cook the filling, we’ll use a small amount of vegetable oil.
- Salt: Salt brings out the flavors in all the ingredients and gives them a nice balance.
- Red cabbage (optional): Red cabbage adds crunch, color, and nutrition to these wraps.
The Recipe How-To
Now that we have gone through the ingredients list, let’s get started with making this delicious vegan spinach wrap recipe!
Step 1: Preparing the Filling
Start by heating up 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add 3 cups of fresh spinach leaves and cook for 2-3 minutes until wilted. Add in ½ cup of diced tomatoes, 1 tsp dried dill, 1 tsp dried oregano, and ½ tsp garlic powder. Cook for an additional 2 minutes, then add salt to taste.
Step 2: Preparing the Tortillas
Take four whole wheat tortillas and spread a generous amount of vegan cream cheese on each one. Then, divide the spinach and tomato filling evenly amongst the four tortillas.
Step 3: Rolling the Tortillas
Take each filled tortilla and roll them tightly from one end to the other. Make sure the ends are tucked in so no filling falls out!
Step 4: Heating and Serving
Heat a large skillet over medium heat with a little bit of vegetable oil. Carefully place each rolled-up tortilla onto the skillet and cook for about a minute on each side or until they are golden brown.
Serve your vegan spinach wraps with a side salad or some roasted veggies.
Enjoy your flavorful, nutrient-packed vegan spinach wrap!
Substitutions and Variations
If you’re looking to mix up your Vegan Spinach Wrap game, there are plenty of substitutions and variations you can make to this recipe.
First, let’s talk about the tortillas. These wraps can be made with any kind of tortilla you prefer – whole wheat, gluten-free, grain-free, or even spinach tortillas for an extra burst of green goodness. The recipe gluten-free vegan spinach tortillas recipe is another fantastic option for those with specific dietary restrictions.
As for the filling, you can swap out the spinach for other greens like kale or arugula, or even use a mixture for added flavor variety.
For a little extra protein, try adding some tofu or smoky black beans in place of the avocado chickpea hummus. You could also experiment with different types of veggies and herbs like red cabbage, tomatoes or fresh basil to give your wraps a unique twist.
If you’re looking for a low-carb option, lettuce wraps are another great variation that will keep you satisfied without all the carbs.
Finally, if you’re feeling adventurous and want to experiment with more raw and plant-based ingredients, try making homemade spinach cream cheese to spread on your wraps – it’s the perfect accompaniment to your veggie filling.
The options are endless with these versatile wraps. Feel free to get creative and try out different combinations until you find just the right one for your taste preferences!
Serving and Pairing
This vegan spinach wrap recipe is a satisfying and healthy meal, perfect for lunch or dinner. The combination of savory flavors from the vegan cream cheese spread, the hummus, and the smoky black beans will ignite your taste buds with each bite.
For added crunch and flavor, I suggest pairing this wrap with some fresh red cabbage or lettuce leaves. If you’re looking to add a touch of creaminess, sliced avocado goes perfectly with this wrap too.
If you’d like to make it a low-carb option, try serving this wrap as a lettuce wrap instead of using whole wheat tortillas or spinach wraps. The sharpness of the raw veggies mixed with the tangy cream cheese creates a flavorful explosion in your mouth.
Whether you want to enjoy this wrap for lunch on-the-go or for a quick and easy dinner, it’s always a crowd-pleaser. Serve it up with some fresh strawberries or juicy watermelon slices for a refreshing and light dessert. You can also pair it with a crisp white wine or even an ice-cold beer if you’re feeling festive.
This vegan spinach wrap recipe is versatile and pairs well with almost any sides or beverages, making it a perfect addition to any mealtime. Give it a try today!
Make-Ahead, Storing and Reheating
Once you have made your delicious vegan spinach wraps, it’s time to think about storing them. If you’re planning on eating the wraps within the next few hours, just keep them at room temperature wrapped in aluminum foil or plastic wrap. However, if you want to make ahead and store for later, there are a few options.
The first option is storing the wraps in an airtight container and placing them in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Ensure that the fillings are not too moist as they may make the wrap soggy. To prevent this, consider separating wet and dry ingredients while packing them.
If you’re looking to store your wraps for even longer, consider freezing them so that you have easy meals on hand throughout the week. Place your wrapped spinach wraps in a plastic bag and store it in the freezer for up to two months. When ready to eat, let it thaw overnight in the refrigerator before heating.
There are a few ways of reheating the stored spinach wraps. You can microwave them for 20-30 seconds or heat on a skillet with a little vegetable oil on medium heat until warmed through. However, we recommend that you avoid reheating the wraps too many times as they may turn squishy.
By following these storage and reheating steps, you should be able to enjoy your homemade vegan spinach wraps anytime you desire without compromising its taste and texture.
Tips for Perfect Results
You’ve followed the recipe to a tee, now it’s time for the finishing touches to ensure that your Vegan Spinach Wrap is nothing short of perfection. Here are some tips to keep in mind:
1. Use fresh ingredients: The best way to get the most out of any recipe is by using fresh produce. This is no different when it comes to making your Vegan Spinach Wraps. If possible, try and purchase fresh vegetables like spinach, tomatoes, and basil at your local farmers market or grocery store.
2. Warm the tortillas: To make sure that your wraps hold together and don’t fall apart, be sure to warm up your tortillas before assembling them. This will not only make them more pliable but also help seal in all the flavors.
3. Spread vegan cream cheese evenly: For an extra creamy touch, spread vegan cream cheese evenly across the tortilla before adding your fillings. This step will help keep everything in place and add another layer of tangy flavor.
4. Don’t overfill: While it can be tempting to pile on all the toppings, be careful not to overfill your wrap as this can cause it to tear or spill out while eating. Keep things moderate and leave enough room for wrapping.
5. Roll tightly: The key to a perfect wrap is rolling it tightly so that all the ingredients are compacted within it. This will also make it easier to eat without falling apart or spilling out.
By following these tips, you’ll have a mouth-watering Vegan Spinach Wrap that’s guaranteed to impress anyone who takes a bite.
Now that we have explored the ingredients and cooking steps of this delicious Vegan Spinach Wrap Recipe, it’s time to address some common questions that readers may have. In this section, I’ll provide answers to frequently asked questions about ingredient substitutions, dietary accommodations, and more. So, let’s dive in!
Are spinach wraps actually healthy?
When it comes to sandwiches and wraps, spinach-based ones might seem like the better option for health-conscious individuals. However, despite their name, they tend to have minimal amounts of actual spinach and are often made with processed grains, providing no calorie or carbohydrate advantages, nor added fiber. To truly boost the nutritional value of your sandwich or wrap, it’s better to incorporate fresh veggies into your meal.
What is a spinach wrap made of?
Spinach wraps are a type of tortilla that include spinach in the dough to add both a pop of color and flavor. Some variations have extra ingredients like seasonings and fats to make them more flexible.
Are spinach wraps real spinach?
Looking for a healthy and delicious wrap option? Look no further than the Magnolia Spinach Wraps! These wraps are made entirely from 100% real spinach, ensuring that you’re getting a nutritious meal that tastes great. Fill your wrap with all your favorite ingredients – we recommend chicken breast, tomatoes, onions, avocado, and your favorite dressing – and get ready for a tasty treat!
Are Mission spinach tortillas vegan?
Welcome to our recipe for delicious spinach tortillas! These tortillas are a great choice for those following a vegan diet, high in fiber, and completely gluten-free. You’ll get to enjoy the same satisfyingly soft texture of Mission tortillas with a fun twist of zesty spinach and herbs. Plus, we have some exciting ideas for how to use them in your meals without any gluten involved. So let’s get started!
: In conclusion, this vegan spinach wrap recipe is a must-try for anyone who is looking for a delicious and healthy meal. With its combination of fresh baby spinach, flavorful dried herbs, and creamy vegan cream cheese, it is sure to satisfy your taste buds while nourishing your body.
Not only that, but this recipe is also very versatile and can be easily customized to suit your dietary needs and preferences. Whether you’re gluten-free or grain-free, a fan of smoky black beans or crispy tofu, or just looking for low-carb options like lettuce wraps or raw vegan rolls, this recipe has got you covered.
So why not give it a try today? With just a few simple ingredients and easy-to-follow instructions, you can whip up a batch of these delicious wraps in no time. And once you do, you’ll see why they are quickly becoming one of the best vegetarian spinach wrap recipes around!
In summary, these wraps are the perfect combination of taste and health, and whether you have them for lunch or dinner, they are sure to nourish your body and delight your taste buds. So what are you waiting for? Get cooking!
Vegan Spinach Wrap Recipe
- 16 ounces vegan cream cheese
- 1/2 cup vidalia onion, minced
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons dried dill
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 1 lb spinach, rinsed well and patted dry
- 2 tomatoes (ripe, vine)
- 2 cups mixed sprouts
- 10 whole wheat tortillas
- Mix the first 6 ingredients in a bowl, cover and set aside in the fridge for at least 30 minutes. Overnight would be best to let the flavors meld.
- Lay one tortilla flat and spread on about 2 tbsp of the cream cheese, leaving at least 1/2 inch border around the tortilla. Add more cream cheese if you would like it creamier.
- Pile on the spinach leaves, tomato slices and sprouts as you like, but not too much or you won't be able to close it.
- Start rolling the tortilla from one side to the other, tucking in the ends when you get towards the middle. Use the cream cheese as glue on the edge to seal the wrap shut. It should look sort of like a burrito when you're done.
- Cut in half and serve cold, or wrap in plastic for later. This goes great with fresh fruit and a pasta or bean salad.
Add Your Own Notes
Recommended Recipes Just For You
Jolo is a talented chef and food blogger with a passion for vegan and Caribbean flavors. From savory vegetarian dishes to tropical smoothies, Jolo’s Kitchen has something for everyone. Whether you’re looking for meat-free meals or creative Caribbean recipes, Jolo’s Kitchen is the perfect place for you.