Creamy Mushroom Soup Recipe – A Taste of Heaven
Buckle up, my fellow foodies, because I’ve got a recipe to share that will leave you drooling for more. In a world where every dish seems to be stuffed with unhealthy ingredients, I’m here to introduce you to a vegan recipe that is both low-fat and delicious. Presenting – the Creamy Spiced Mushroom Soup!
This soup is perfect for those chilly winter nights where all you want to do is cuddle up in your cozy blankets and indulge in some comfort food. This vegan soup is not only healthy but also incredibly easy to make, with just a handful of ingredients.
A creamy blend of cremini mushrooms, potatoes, onions, spices, and extra virgin olive oil, this soup has everything you could want in a bowl. The aroma of fresh cilantro and garam masala spices will make your taste buds go wild.
And here’s the best part – even if you’re not following a vegan diet or trying to lose weight, this soup should still be at the top of your list. It’s the perfect choice for anyone who wants to try something different without compromising on taste.
So let’s get started on this one-pot wonder and see how easy it is to make a hearty soup that will leave you feeling satisfied and guilt-free!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
Hold onto your hats, folks! This recipe for Creamy Spiced Mushroom Soup will knock your socks off. If you’re a fan of rich, hearty soups that are packed with flavor, this recipe is definitely for you.
Let me start by saying that this soup is not only vegan and dairy-free, it’s also low-fat! That’s right, you can indulge in this creamy goodness without having to think twice about your waistline.
Now, let’s talk flavor. This soup is loaded with caramelized mushrooms and onions, which add a deep, earthy richness to every spoonful. The addition of garam masala gives it a spiciness that is perfectly balanced by the sweetness of the carrots and potatoes. And if you’re worried about it being too spicy? Fear not! You can easily adjust the level of spiciness by adding more or less garam masala to suit your taste.
Speaking of taste – this soup has got it all. It’s warm and comforting, yet still spicy and flavorful enough to keep things interesting. And if you’re still not convinced, let me tell you that the addition of fresh cilantro takes it over the top. Its bright, citrusy notes really help bring all of the flavors together in every bite.
But wait – there’s more! This recipe is also incredibly easy to make, requiring just one pot and a handful of ingredients that you probably already have in your kitchen. Plus, it’s gluten-free and friendly for plant-based eaters!
So there you have it: a creamy, spiced mushroom soup that is low-fat, vegan-friendly, and absolutely delicious. Trust me when I say that it’ll become a staple in your meal rotation before you know it.
When it comes to a warm bowl of soup, fresh ingredients make all the difference. Here are the items you will need for our creamy spiced mushroom soup:
- 1 large onion, finely diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups sliced cremini mushrooms
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 2 cups peeled and diced potatoes
Spices and Other Ingredients
- 4 teaspoons garam masala
- Salt and pepper
- 3-4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Fresh cilantro (chopped)
You may find most of these ingredients in your pantry or at a nearby grocery store. For an even healthier meal, use organic produce.
The Recipe How-To
Now, let’s get to the heart of this vegan mushroom soup recipe: the how-to. Don’t worry, it is as easy as boiling water!
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium chopped onion
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 4 cups of sliced cremini mushrooms
- 1 medium diced potato
- 2 medium diced carrots
- 4 cups of veggie broth
- 1 tsp of garam masala
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh chopped cilantro, for garnish
- In a large pot or Dutch oven, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the onion and garlic to the pot and cook until fragrant, stirring occasionally, about 2 minutes.
- Add in sliced mushrooms, potato, carrots, garam masala and cook until vegetables shrink down (about 10 minutes).
- Pour in the veggie broth and mix all ingredients together.
- Bring soup to a boil then reduce heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Once done, blend the soup in the pot with an immersion blender until creamy smooth.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring cooked soup back up to heat on stove top.
- To serve, ladle mushroom soup into bowls and garnish with fresh cilantro.
That’s it! Your mouth-watering creamy spiced mushroom soup is ready to be devoured by your loved ones. Serve with some crusty bread or crackers if you’d like. This one-pot dish can satisfy all your hunger needs – from vegan simple to dairy-free and gluten-free recipe requirements.
Substitutions and Variations
Hey there foodies, are you looking to put your own spin on this Creamy Spiced Mushroom Soup? Well, lucky for you, this recipe is super versatile and there are plenty of ways to make it your own! Here are some substitutions and variations that will take your soup game to the next level:
– Cauliflower Soup: Want to switch things up and go for a different kind of creamy soup? Try swapping out the mushrooms for cauliflower florets! The result is a delicious, velvety smooth soup that’s just as satisfying as the original recipe.
– Hungarian Mushroom Soup: Take a trip to Eastern Europe with this variation on our classic mushroom soup! Add some paprika, sour cream and a dash of dill for a comforting dish that will transport you back to grandma’s kitchen.
– Cream of Potato Soup: If you’re in the mood for something a little heartier, swap out the mushrooms for cubed potatoes in this recipe. Cook them until they’re tender and mash them up with an immersion blender. You’ll end up with a thick, creamy potato soup that’s both vegan AND gluten-free!
– Veggie Soup: Don’t feel like going too heavy on any one ingredient? Throw in any veggies you’ve got lying around in your fridge – carrots, onions, peppers – and let them simmer with the mushrooms. This is a great way to make use of any leftovers or odds and ends in your fridge.
In addition to these variations, there are plenty of substitutions you can make to fit within dietary restrictions like dairy-free, gluten-free, vegetarian or weight loss-friendly. Swap out butter for olive oil or coconut oil for vegans or those with lactose intolerance. Use vegetable broth instead of chicken broth for a vegetarian option. And if you’re watching your waistline, skip the sour cream and cut back on the oil.
Remember, when it comes to cooking there’s no right or wrong way – only delicious ways. So have fun experimenting and finding what works best for you!
Serving and Pairing
Let’s talk about the best way to serve this creamy spiced mushroom soup. This low-fat and vegan recipe is perfect for a light lunch or dinner, but it can also be served as an appetizer before the main course.
To make the soup more filling, you may also pair it with some garlic bread or your favorite crackers. The soup’s creamy texture pairs perfectly with a crunchy side, making it a good option for an easy, one-pot dinner.
If you want to add some extra richness to your creamy vegan mushroom soup, top it with some fresh cilantro or chopped mushrooms. These toppings will not only add flavor and texture but will also create a beautiful presentation.
If you’re looking for something savory to go alongside this recipe, try serving it with some roasted vegetables on the side. I highly recommend roasting some carrots or potatoes as they’ll complement the earthy flavor of the mushrooms in the soup.
This plant-based mushroom soup pairs wonderfully with a chilled glass of white wine or a cold beer. If you like your drinks fruity, try pairing this recipe with a refreshing cranberry mocktail for added depth and flavor.
With its versatile flavors and easy preparation, this soup recipe will make every mealtime special. Whether you are serving guests at a social gathering or merely enjoying a warm bowl curled up on the couch after work, this vegan mushroom soup is sure to impress!
Make-Ahead, Storing and Reheating
Listen up, baby, because I’m about to dish out some serious wisdom when it comes to storing and reheating your creamy spiced mushroom soup. First things first: this magical soup is a dream come true for meal prepping. You can make it ahead of time and store it in the fridge for up to four days or freeze it for up to three months.
When you’re ready to dive in, simply reheat it in a pot on the stove over medium heat until it’s heated through. If you want to put that extra virgin olive oil of yours to good use, drizzle a little bit on top before indulging – trust me on this one.
Alternatively, if you’re feeling like taking the lazy route (and let’s be real, who doesn’t sometimes?), you can also reheat your soup in the microwave. Just pop a serving into a microwave-safe dish and nuke it for two to three minutes, stirring occasionally until heated through. Easy make-ahead meals just got easier.
One thing to keep in mind is that because of its dairy-free nature, this soup won’t separate like other cream-based soups do when reheated. It stays creamy and delicious no matter what – which means more leftovers for you, honey. I recommend storing in an airtight container to prevent any funky smells or flavors from infiltrating your soup.
So go forth, my soup-loving friends, and make enough of this delectable creamy spiced mushroom soup to last you all week – you won’t regret it.
Tips for Perfect Results
When it comes to preparing creamy spiced mushroom soup, there are a few things you can do to achieve perfection. Here are some essential tips to help you create the best vegan mushroom soup:
1. Use fresh ingredients: The fresher your mushrooms, potatoes, onions, and carrots are, the better. Fresh ingredients will give your soup more depth of flavor and ensure that it has a robust taste.
2. Don’t be afraid to season: Spices like garam masala add a lot of flavor to the soup. And when used in moderation, they’ll give the soup just the right amount of kick without overpowering it.
3. Cook the vegetables thoroughly: When cooking vegetables, especially the potato and carrots, make sure they are cooked all the way through to give richness to the soup.
4. Use vegetable broth instead of water: Using vegetable broth instead of water is recommended because it gives your soup more depth and complexity in its taste.
5. Use good quality extra virgin olive oil: As with any recipe, using good quality ingredients will make your dish tastier overall. Use extra virgin olive oil for this recipe as it will give the soup a nice depth of flavor and aroma.
6. Blend until smooth: When blending cooked mushroom and vegetable mixtures to make it creamy, do so carefully for the smoothest texture possible.
7. Let the flavors mingle before serving: Allow your finished soup to sit for a bit before serving; this lets all of the flavors come together perfectly.
Using these tips for preparing vegan mushroom creamy spiced mushroom soup will help you create a delicious, nutritious meal that you’ll enjoy every time you cook it!
you’re ready to indulge in a creamy and savory soup that is both healthy and vegan-friendly, then this Creamy Spiced Mushroom Soup recipe is what you need. With its mouth-watering flavors and inviting aroma, it’s sure to impress everyone at your next dinner party.
Whether you’re on a weight loss journey or simply looking to add more plant-based meals to your diet, this soup is the perfect addition. It contains no dairy or gluten and is made with wholesome vegetables and spices that provide essential nutrients for your body.
So, give this recipe a try and enjoy the comfort of a warm bowl of creamy spiced mushroom soup without any of the guilt. And if you’re feeling adventurous, try out some of the substitutions and variations to create your own signature dish.
Remember, eating healthy doesn’t mean sacrificing flavor or satisfaction. With this Creamy Spiced Mushroom Soup recipe, you can have both.
Creamy Spiced Mushroom Soup (Low Fat and Vegan) Recipe
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 7 1/2 ounces onions, chopped
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cilantro
- 13 1/2 ounces potatoes, chopped with skins still on
- 4 ounces carrots, chopped
- 7 ounces mushrooms, roughly chopped
- 2 pints vegetable stock
- 3/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Heat the olive oil in big pan and then add the onion and cook softly for about 5 minutes to allow the onions to soften.
- Add the garam masala and ground cilantro and stir into the onions.
- Add the potato and carrots and just allow to heat through for 1 minute.
- Add the mushrooms and the vegetable stock and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat, cover and cook for 30 minutes.
- Add the fresh cilantro and either transfer to a blender and blitz under smooth or use a hand held stick blender to whizz it up right there in the pan.
- Return to the heat and add any salt if you think it is needed (I didn't need it) and just heat through again to serve.
Add Your Own Notes
Recommended Recipes Just For You
Jolo is a talented chef and food blogger with a passion for vegan and Caribbean flavors. From savory vegetarian dishes to tropical smoothies, Jolo’s Kitchen has something for everyone. Whether you’re looking for meat-free meals or creative Caribbean recipes, Jolo’s Kitchen is the perfect place for you.